Maximum transmission of light
Lledó Sunoptics uses an optical design that is unique in natural lighting systems. The difference with conventional systems is that we use thousands of tiny prisms about 370 per square metre. These prisms refract sunlight directly into thousands of micro beams of light. The end result is a gentle yet bright natural light that is transmitted directly into the building.
Natural light can replace artificial light for almost 70% of the day. This leads to enormous energy savings for buildings that are used intensively. The use of natural light leads to a reduction in electricity consumption and the consequent reduction in the emission of greenhouse gases and pollution.
Strong and long-lasting
Made from high-performance acrylic material that avoids degradation, and resists impacts and adverse weather.
Tried and tested design
The design eliminates any possibility of condensation. Tests of lighting levels in a photometric study.
Double and triple acrylic coating.
The Lledó Sunoptics passive natural lighting system transmits at least 35% more light than conventional natural lighting systems, while at the same time ensures 100% diffusion due to a high-performance system that eliminates glare.
OWNER: BAITRA SL. (SPAIN)
LEOPOLDO ALONSO-LAMBERTI CASUSO
RAQUEL FIGUEROA GONZÁLEZ
ELECTRICITY AND COMMUNICATIONS:
The first solar luminary
Its good optical behavior allows to act on only 2-4% of the roof, minimizing thermal losses in the building envelope.
A Chromatic Reproduction Index 100 can be a key factor in certain applications such as the textile industry, agro-food industry, museums, etc.
Factory Mutual Approved
Lledó Sunoptics has the FM Approval Standard 4431 Skylights certificate.
Lledó Sunoptics has 100% UV filtering, which allows it to be used in industry, logistics, agri-food sector, etc.
Lledó Sunoptics increases the score on projects audited with LEED, DGNB or BREEAM certifications.
Lledó Sunoptics has its own version of exutorio, which allows it to be integrated into the building’s SCTEH thus optimizing the use of the roof.
Resistance and durability
Made with high performance acrylic / polycarbonate material, it prevents degradation and provides high mechanical resistance to loads and impacts.
Benefits and Applications
- Economic environment of ever-increasing energy prices.
- Its insulating function (up to 3 levels of insulation) reduces spending on air conditioning.
- It lengthens the lifespan of the electrical system and restricts maintenance costs.
- Reduced absenteeism by up to 7 hours per person per year.
- Improved productivity thanks to a more pleasant lightning environment.
- Increased sales in retail areas by up to 40%.
- Grants and subsidies for installation, and favourable financing conditions.
- Estimated return on investment within three years.
- Logistics platforms.
- Central markets.
- Shopping Malls.
- Sports Centres.
- Swimming pools.
- Nursery schools.
- Healthcare centres.
- Nursing homes.
- Governmental offices.
- Leisure centres and restaurants.
- Offices and meeting rooms.
- Exhibition centres
- Greater energy efficiency is achieved.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
- Improves the building’s energy rating.
- Working conditions and safety are enhanced.
- Its application conveys a positive image of environmental concern.